Why Get a Custom Business Card
When opening a business, there is one critical thing to be purchased. Business cards. These allow someone to stand out in a crowd, as well as be easily contacted at a later date. The more attractive and well organized a business card, the more likely the client is actually to take a card and ultimately call back.
The Custom cards should include:
- The businesses custom logo
- Easy to read font, indicating:
- The business name
- Possible subtitle (this will inform the customer exactly what the business does)
- Contact name
- Physical Business Address (or just city if there is no actual business location)
- Phone number
- Email Address
Custom business cards can also come in many formats. Some are double sided, some are very colorful, some are simple, and the list goes on. A business card should be a representation of the firm, as this is what the customer will be taking with them. However, the design of the card should in no way shadow the actual contact information. This should be the focal point of the card.
There are also many different qualities of business cards. There is thicker cardstock paper, embossed print, etc. A lot of these are not necessary, but as this is a very important part of selling a business, it wouldn’t do to have cheap looking cards.
Logos should also be something to consider. There are graphic designers who work in depth with making logos. However, this can be a costly service. If the business is profitable, or there is already a budget set aside for this, a professional logo is never a bad idea. If the firm is just starting out, or if the budget is very tight, there are websites that have sets of pre-designed business cards. These tend to have very generic patterns, and there is always the risk of one business having an almost identical card as another business.
There are often plenty of small firms that do various printing jobs. This option may be more costly. Again, it is a worthy investment (after doing extensive research on the company) if there is a budget for it. Otherwise much more cost-effective solutions can be found online. As previously mentioned, there are many websites online that help businesses find cheap and effective business cards. These are ordered straight from the site, and can be delivered right to the business.
The last, and most important thing to remember when getting custom business cards, is to ensure that all of the information is correct, and quickly read. Without this, clients are very unlikely, or unable, to contact the business.
So, when starting up a business, or just giving your existing business a bit of a facelift or rebranding, an effective and custom business card should be essential.
Custom Business Cards – The Digital Galaxy of Choices!
Today the world is on a process of digitization. One of the most important contributions made by digitization is the concept of customization. Business cards have had a long history in its standard forms. However, today the market competition is increasing on an accelerating pace and so every businessperson wants to develop a unique identity. Not only this, it needs to be different so that it makes you stand apart from the rest. In addition, business cards happen to be a very important source of identity for a business owner. It can represent nobility and richness of the business. Thus, today, the business communities are also drifting towards customization of their greatest source of identity so that they can gain popularity and respect from their clients.
Today business cards are available in various forms, few of which are embossed business cards, full color, magnetic, photo, glossy, double sided cards, laminated and plastic business cards. Custom business cards have picked up a new market today.
Let us take a look at some of the most important points that need to be taken care of while ordering custom business cards:
1) Shape and size of the card: Custom business cards are creative in every respect. What comes out of the box always becomes a center of attraction. Thus, many people prefer to go for customized shapes like circle, square, free form, diamond shape, etc. Pick wisely because the shape may reflect your personality. The size also varies depending on the person’s interest. But generally speaking, even with customization, you want to leave the size to be pretty standard so that it is easily stored in a wallet or business card holder.
2) Texture of the card: One can also change the texture of the card. For example, someone might prefer a rough texture, someone might prefer embossed texture, and someone might go for a smooth texture. It all depends upon what you want to symbolize through your texture. For example, if you are a gravel company, you may want to use a rough, pebbly texture.
3) Quality of the paper: Generally, the business card should be printed on a thick paper so that it stays straight and stable. But there are other varieties of paper being used as well. Some may want the business card to be of a folded type and so may choose a thinner stock of paper.
4) Style of write-ups: When a person goes for customized cards, there are plenty of choices for fonts and colors. However, Times New Roman and Arial are the standard fonts that most follow. As the cards are seen from a less distance, so the size of fonts can be 10-11 for the text body and 7-8 for contact fields. Along with this, people should not use bold scripts to make something prominent; rather they should change the font size and color. Choice of color can be an important issue. The write-ups can be written on the horizontal lines, the vertical lines, or some people prefer an inclined version of the same. Some creative samples of business cards go for their own handwriting; whereas, some prefer impression of notes, use of metallic ink and metallic holes, some prefer perforations, some prefer 3D plastic fonts, some even prefer the write-ups to be in the form of receipts, bills, tickets etc. The options are as endless as your imagination.
5) Images: Most people prefer customized logos these days in order to avoid duplicity. Major business organizations approach logo designers to customize their theme and give it a unique logo. Thus, the logo forms an important image on the business cards. You can even decide on a 3D image. If you are a Realtor, you may decide to put your own picture on it.
Customized business cards are available today with online printing facility for its customers. There also exists websites where people have the opportunity to select templates and send for printing. With growing demand, the custom business cards have also become an important field of business for the creative mass and printing industry.