Different Types Of Travel Bags And Its Advantages
There was a time when all the travellers used to bank on one form of travel bag – the suitcase. However, with advances in travel needs and modern technology, a diverse array of travel gears has been introduced in the market. Carrying the most appropriate bag of travel can minimise unnecessary weight associated with heavier luggage options.
The hustle and bustle at airports is a prime location where you would find roller suitcases, both the hard and the soft variety, in action. These are usually punctuated with wheels and boast of a retractable or permanent pulling mechanism. Undoubtedly, it is a top-pick by the frequent flyers since these are easy to be carried around as compared to other travel bags.
- Backpacks/Rucksacks: a suitcase is not a good option for the hikers who are travelling over rough terrain. These travellers usually go for backpacks or rucksacks. These are infused with a dividable main compartment and hooped lower entry zip which allows easy access to personal items stored at the bottom of the bag. Made with special nylon fabric, backpacks or rucksacks are usually water and flex resistant with improved tear strength. These are highly respected bags for travel in India owing to its sheer versatility. Additional side pockets and hydration system coupled with highest quality material further increases its functionality and capacity. Punctuated with durable grip handles and removable padded shoulder straps, this versatile piece of luggage allows easy transportation and is exclusively designed to operate in extreme weather conditions.
- Duffel Bags: Sports enthusiasts with athletic gear usually rely on duffel bags. Athletes bank on these travel bags owing to their versatility. Incorporated with a boxy and larger design, this is a bag of choice for travelers who prefer carry-ons. Especially made with Mattie material, these travel bags are sturdy and flaunt waterproof layer that makes these water and dust resistant. Moreover, the two handles usually divide the body weight perfectly on the shoulders. While travelers are usually required to check-in a suitcase or backpack due to size, this is not the case for duffel bags. You will not find any protruding frame that might prevent it from fitting in an overhead bin on bus, train or even airplane, making it perfect for weekend or extended trips.
- Trolley Bags: Keep your garments and accessories safe and crease-free in trolley bags. Lightweight and accommodative, the trolley bags are few of the popularly used travel bags in India owing to its touch of uniqueness which creates a fashion statement in itself.
- Messenger Bags: Punctuated with interior and exterior pockets for toiletries or makeup and sometimes a designated pocket for holding laptop, messenger bags, on the other hand, have room enough for the bare necessities making it great for overnight travels.
These modern luggages use materials like Polycarbonate, Curve®, polypropylene, polyester, nylon, leather etc, which results into strong yet lightweight travel bags and suitcases. So choose a travel bag that works well for travelling between stations or airports and hostels or hotels. Equip yourself with the smartest travel bag or order some of the coolest travel bags online with just a click. Wise travellers do not invest on unnecessary frills. So select a lightweight travel bag which is a great plus for airport luggage restrictions online and set off for your next travel destination right away!
Golf Travel Bags To Protect Your Clubs
Have you ever felt a bit apprehensive when you threw your clubs into your trunk and wondered if the bag was enough to keep them secure during the journey? After all, your golf bag and clubs can suffer plenty stresses and movement during a drive. A lot depends on the terrain, but even a bit of sharp braking can cause a bit of damage.
Golf travel bags can be the answer to this. Golf travel bags are designed to protect your golf clubs and the rest of your golfing equipment during transit. With the right golf travel bag, there should be no chance of your clubs getting damaged in your trunk.
Golf Travel Bags Protect Against the Baggage Handlers
What about the airport? Do you travel the circuits? Or do you take your clubs with on vacation? Whichever, you probably rely on airport baggage handlers to be gentle with your golf bag. Think on! Do you really think baggage handlers are going to give golf clubs any more consideration than any other piece of luggage?
What you need is a golf travel bag. Golf travel bags provide all the protection you need while traveling. The type of travel bag you purchase depends upon the type and amount of travel you do, but you can be sure that golfer who do not protect their clubs with a golf travel bag while driving or flying are asking for problems.
Secure Your Clubs
Some golf bags are specially designed to hold your clubs secure in the bag during normal use, and these will at least provide some degree of protection when traveling in that the clubs will not move around as much as those held loosely in an ordinary golf bag. However, most golfers do not have this option, and rely either on themselves driving carefully, on baggage handlers being gentle (?) or aircraft hold baggage not moving much during the flight. Would you feel happy relying on any one of these, especially if your clubs cost a few hundred, or even a few thousand, dollars?
Don’t Travel Without Your Golf Travel Bag
If you travel, you definitely need to consider using golf travel bags. There are a number of designs available, though the main tones are soft cover, hard cover or a combination of these. The hard shell golf travel bags cost more, but provide the highest degree of protection. Although the soft cover golf travel bags do not offer total protection, they cost less and can be used as regular carry bags during the round. Your golf bag can therefore also be your travel bag.
If you play golf regularly and travel frequently, either between courses on the golf circuit or simply to avoid the familiarity of playing the4 same courses time, you should consider purchasing one of the golf travel bags which is most relevant to your needs. Not only will it [protect your equipment, but will give you peace of mind while traveling.
Different Kinds of Travel Bags
Journeys are a part of life. There are some people who travel frequently while others travel occasionally but for every journey, one requires a nice bag to carry all basic necessities with him or her. When you leave your home, you have to take some part of your wardrobe with you. This calls for a nice travel bag. There are various types of travel bags available in the market these days to fulfill the requirement of all travelers. Have a look at various kinds of travel bags listed below to choose one as per your need:
1) Backpacks are a good choice for those who are going for a fun outing on the weekend like hiking, and have less stuff to carry with them. These bags are just right for those who plan to do more walking during the trip. Rucksacks or backpacks come with cushioned straps, which make it easier for the travelers to carry these bags over their back. Backpacks are known for functionality as one can keep the stuff separately in various compartments and zippers. There are several outside pockets available in these bags to keep the things that one requires often, while other valuables can be kept inside the various compartments.
2) Big suitcases are needed when one is going on a long trip to carry the heavy stuff. Rolling suitcases are the best pick for moving easily through the busiest airports and railway stations. Since one can’t carry a heavy bag over his or her back or shoulders, a rolling suitcase becomes the safest choice. Suitcases generally have a main compartment in which you can keep all your stuff. Some zippers are also there to keep the small items separately.
3) When someone wants to pack a lot of stuff for work related journeys or abroad vacations, duffel bags come into action. These bags have a box type structure that makes them quite spacious. These bags usually come with a long strap and two sturdy handles. You can either hold the bag in your hands or you can carry it over one of your shoulders. Some duffle bags come with wheels as well. These roller travel bags are a good option for long journeys.
4) Messenger bags are good for an overnight journey as these small bags have enough room to accommodate the basic stuff. Some messenger bags come with a separate compartment for keeping the laptop as well. Hence, choose one as per your need.
There are some basic styles of travel bags from which you can pick the one that best suits your need. One must consider some important factors while choosing the right travel bag like the durability of the bag, its material, straps, and compartments. These are some basic factors that one must consider while choosing the right bag for travel purposes.
You can peek through the entire range of Wildcraft bags and other world-class labels to choose the nicest bag that makes your journey enjoyable. Enjoy your journey with the right kind of travel bag!
Choosing Travelling Bags
Suitcases and Travelling Bags
The first thing you need to consider when you plan to travel is to how to pack and get ready for the trip. When buying suitcases and travel bags, we have to take into considerations such as how long will you be travelling and to ensure all our necessary stuff is all packed up neat and nice.
Most of us will just go to the nearest mall and look for the best bargain without even considering other important stuff such as the weight of the suitcases, trolleys and the mobility of the wheels. It also depends on the mode of travelling whether you will be flying from one destination to the other, driving from one place to the other, or will there be a lot of walking and hiking around.
The weight of the suitcases and travel bags really matters especially when airlines have tight baggage rules. Not all airlines have the same policies and they might change the policies anytime without notice. Normally, airlines allow from 50 to 70 pounds but airlines have increased restrictions and decreased travel bags allowance a lot and incur higher charges if you exceed the allowable weight.
However, the ones least affected are those travelling on business, executive, first class airfares and top frequent flyer programs who have opportunity to enjoy more flexibility with luggage allowances. Generally the rule for domestic flights are you can check 3 bags and carry none, or check one bag and carry-on two or check 2 bags and carry-on one. Take note that checked bags cannot exceed 50 or 70 pounds depending on the airlines and the dimensions must not exceed 45″x 55″x 62″ for the largest bag while the second largest travel bag cannot have a dimension exceeds 55″ and the third must not exceed 45″. The carry on suitcases and travel bags must fit in an overhead compartment or fit under the seat and total weight of all carry-on bags cannot exceed 40 pounds on some airlines. A suitcase is considered one carry-one bag but a typical sized woman’s purse is not considered.
Choosing Suitcases and Travel Bags
- You have to find out the climate of the destination and also weather forecast for the period you will be staying. That will help you to decide what kind of clothing should mainly be in your travel bags.
- There are models designed come with trolleys, holder and wheels. Choose one that is made out of a resistant material and has an adjustable holder. The best is with various pockets on the sideways and comes with a label for the owner’s name.
- Consider the size and the weight of the suitcase that has wheels which support the weight and work well, otherwise you will be trudging all the weight along if easily broken. Same goes for the handles, something durable and easy to grab and pull along.
- Ask for warranty period from the salesperson. Some suitcases and travel bags come with a lifetime warranty which make things much easier. The travel bags condition can be easily replaced if faced with broken handle, ripped zip or wheels.
- It is always better to be safe than sorry so always look for suitcases and travel bags that have safe locking mechanism. Valuables can be stolen at the airport, at lockers or even when you are busy enjoying yourself during the holiday.
- Choose suitcase that reflects your personality as it will last over a much longer period than your ordinary handbags. Make sure it provides the right value for money and a brand that gives you the quality, style and prestige value associated with the brand name such as Samsonite, Briggs and Riley.
Leather Travel Bags Vs Nylon Travel Bags
For many less frequent travellers consideration about what their bag is made of is often less of a concern than e.g. a person who travels frequently over medium to long distances. People who travel long distances e.g. using airports are often more likely to consider quality and durability of materials as well as style in their choice of bag / luggage. This type of traveller may also be less price-sensitive and more proactive when it comes to purchasing their bags.
Nylon Travel Bags
Since Wallace Carothers of DuPont reportedly invented nylon in the late 1930s, its many advantages and potential applications have meant that it and other man-made polymers and materials have been used in almost every aspect of our lives. The fact that it is man-made materials like nylon give tremendous flexibility in the shapes, sizes, and colours that can be made from it, and the designs, decoration and printing that can be added to it. The uniform chemical and manufacturing process of nylon and its flexibility as a material means that the finished product can be made very uniform e.g. in colour, thickness, consistency and quality. Although a strip of nylon has strength because of the way the many fine nylon strands fit together, and because of a degree of ‘give’, it is often thin enough to make it relatively easy to stitch or bond together. Producing the type of nylon material used in travel bags is often a large scale process and this and some of the factors already mentioned mean that nylon is a relatively cheap material to use in the manufacture of other items e.g. travel bags. This brings the cost of nylon based travel bags down to level that’s relatively affordable to all. Nylon is a flexible material, and relatively durable as longs as it isn’t exposed to sharp objects, heavy weights and awkward shapes / awkward shaped objects inside the nylon travel bags. Unfortunately, lower quality nylon bags sometimes don’t have strong or high quality zips, seams, straps, handles or pockets, and as such their lifetime can be shortened by the failure of any of these parts, and the fact that it is unlikely to be worth the price of repairing any of them if / when they break.
In terms of design the variety of modern leather travel bag designs and features means that the choice is now incredibly wide. Although the range of colors may generally not be as wide (or the demand for certain colors may not be as wide) the colors used in modern leather travel bags tend to play tot the strengths of this unique material and bring out the best, and the most tasteful aspects of it. Since good quality, thick leather hides are ach only big enough to make a relatively small quantity of bags, each bag is likely to have its own level of individuality e.g. slight color difference and sometimes ‘range marks’. Since full grain high quality leather really undergoes minimal processing e.g. hair removal and tanning, the marks / scars made on the animal’s skin during life e.g. from wire fencing, insect bites etc, may still be just evident in some sections of leather. This individuality and authenticity is part of the beauty and appeal of leather travel bags.
As a material, leather is very strong and resistant to scrapes, scratches and bumps. It also provides an extra degree of protection for the contents within the bag that nylon does not. High quality leather travel bags tend to have very strong stitching, strong zips which have leather pullers. There also tends to be generous cargo spaces in these bags, and they tend to have many other practical and handy pockets e.g. flap-over pockets with magnetic studs and zipped pockets. Storage pockets for laptop computers are now also commonplace in these bags. The bottom of high quality leather travel bags are often protected with domed metal studs, the anchor points are usually extra secure, and any straps are often detachable with comfort pads. The handles also tend to be very strong with wrap-around leather comfort pads in many cases. Obviously, for quality of this kind you may expect to pay more than for their nylon counterparts. However, leather travel bags tend to be much more durable and hard wearing, and over the lifetime of the bag (which literally could be a lifetime) they actually work out to be relatively inexpensive. Leather travel bags also seem to create the right balance between style and practicality, and never seem to go out of fashion.