6 Reasons Weight Loss Clinics Are Worth the Investment
Weight loss clinics have become a global phenomenon ever since the weight loss industry’s lucrative rise. In the United States, this industry is worth an estimated 20 billion dollars according to an ABC News report in 2012. These clinics are definitely raking in huge profits but their owners aren’t the only ones who benefit. Some clinics claim that their patients lost millions of pounds within less than a decade. With more than 69% of American adults obese or overweight, it is no surprise that weight loss programs are becoming increasingly popular.
Though these clinics are popular, some members of the public remain skeptical about their effectiveness. Do these companies make outlandish claims which are simply too good to be true? Are Americans and the dieters throughout the world falling victim to a hoax, all while paying extravagant fees? Below are 6 reasons these clinics may be worth the investment.
1) Most Clinics Begin with A Medical Evaluation: Everyone is different and requires a specific solution. Your weight loss experience is as unique as a fingerprint. Since there is no universal panacea for losing weight, an evaluation is vital before you implement any strategy.
2) They Offer Weight Loss Solutions Specific To Each Patient: Solutions are determined based on your medical history and dietary habits. Top rated clinics hire medical professionals who treat their patient’s individual needs.
3) Clinics Combine Various Techniques Which Target Specific Issues: These techniques increase your metabolism, improving your diet, and balance hormones. Detoxification may also be included in order to rid your body of toxins and help you lose weight more quickly. Doctors at these clinics may prescribe diet pills like phentermine, Qsymia and Belviq which are approved by the US Food and Drug Administration.
4) Programs Include Self Evaluation And Journal Keeping: In many weight loss programs, patients play an active role. They maintain food records and track their progress by evaluating whether or not they meet certain targets.
5) Frequent Feedback via Counseling Sessions: Top rated clinics provide ongoing feedback and the psychological support that dieters often need in order to gain success. They counsel patients about how to eat healthy foods, portion meals, and include regular physical activity in their daily routine. They become personal cheerleaders and keep dieters motivated.
6) A Holistic and Long-Term Approach: Many individuals attempt to implement diets which become forgotten dreams a few months later. Take for instance crash diets which are unhealthy and difficult to maintain. A weight loss clinic with holistic, long-term programs allows patients to maintain a healthy lifestyle practices that last beyond a few months. A long-term approach provides the support that you need in order to gain true success.
How to Choose the Right Weight Loss Clinic
Everyone would like to lose weight, and to many speed is of the essence. People feel better about themselves if they are slimmer and healthier not only to become healthy but also to look good; after all, no one thinks of a fat belly and a pair of flabby arms as being a good look, do they? Most people stick to the traditional methods of diet and exercise but more and more are looking at the option of lipodissolve fat-dissolving injections.
If you are serious about looking at this option, and I can’t stress enough that it should only be considered if you are unable to lose weight via diet and exercise.
Weight Loss clinics are sort of like the in between of these two measures, providing extra support for those who are struggling with their diets and weight loss in general, hopefully preventing people from having to go down the road of lipo type treatments.
There have been many clinics pop up in recent years; some good, some not so good and some terrible.
Many are endorsed by celebrities, eager to earn a quick paycheck for very little effort, and only the foolish would take an endorsement from one who has not offered it freely! You should always complete a thorough background check with an industry watchdog to ensure that the clinic you are considering is reputable as many are in it for the quick buck and offer very little in the way of results in return.
There are a number of things you need to enquire about when speaking directly to your chosen clinic and they are:
1. Presence of qualified physicians:
You need to make sure that there are qualified physicians present at the clinic, who will be able to tell you if there are any underlying reasons for your inability to lose weight and if you are likely to suffer from any side-effects after weight loss. If there is no QUALIFIED physician at the clinic then look elsewhere.
2. Expected Time and results:
Many clinics make outrageous claims of massive weight loss achieved in short periods of time. Should the clinic you are considering using make such claims then look for a different clinic; there are only two ways to achieve massive weight loss quickly, surgery and extremely unhealthy weight loss methods that can cause you ill health.
The amount of weight you can safely lose in a short period of time varies depending upon the size of your problem, the bigger you are the safer and easier it is to lose a lot of weight quickly. It may be a good idea to get some advice from your doctor as to a responsible monthly weight loss target for your size, then use this information when talking to a clinic, if they state figures way over that which your doctor has stated to you then you need to look elsewhere.
What food do they suggest you to eat? Many clinics and groups provide their own pre-packaged foods that can cost an arm and a leg, so due consideration must be given to the affordability of this if the clinic insists that you need to eat their food. Plus you have to think about after your weight loss course, if you are expected to continue eating these meals on an ongoing basis is it really going to be worth it.
In short, avoid any clinic that limits you to their pre packaged meals as being able to prepare and cook your own foods is a must for your ongoing weight loss success.
4. No Exercises No Go:
If the clinics you are considering do not have an exercise program, then they should be ruled out immediately. Regardless of what information anyone may try to sell you, permanent weight loss cannot be achieved healthfully with diet plans alone.
Exercises will boost your metabolic rate which then burns fat fast. So, if the clinic you are considering doesn’t include exercise in their weight loss program, then find another clinic!
Why You Should Consider A Weight Loss Clinic For More Effective Weight Loss
If you are excited to lose some weight, using the services of a weight loss clinic would be one of the most effective ways to do it. Most people take these clinics for granted, but the truth is they are actually very helpful in terms of helping you lose weight in a safe and fast manner. The fact that one has to pay for such services normally puts them off, but in reality, you do end up getting very good value for your money, especially if you choose to work with a clinic that has a very good reputation, and which is well-staffed.
What Are The Qualities Of An Effective Weight Loss Clinic?
If you are interested in using one, the first step would be to obviously find a clinic that you can attend. To do this right, you need to understand what makes an effective clinic, and then examine each one that you come across to make sure that it actually fits your needs. One of the most important things you should look out for is the reputation of the clinic. For instance, do many people use it and do most of them have positive reviews about it? In the age of social networking, this is information that you will find very easily, such as on Yelp.com. In addition to that, a quality clinic should use tried and tested methods to help people lose weight, and should also have a holistic approach as well. This means that they should focus on more than one aspect of the process. For instance, in addition to giving you advice on how to exercise and diet, it would also be important for them to give some kind of psychological support since this is very important in determining how far one goes with a weight loss plan.
What Can You Expect From The Weight Loss Clinic?
When you first attend the clinic, there are a number of things you can expect. For one, the staff members should do a full profile of your health. For instance, it would be wise to find out the reason why you have gained a lot of weight, since this has a direct influence on which method of weight loss will work for you. For instance, if you are the kind of person who eats a lot when stressed, you are likely to benefit more from psychological support and information on how to manage stress, and this should therefore be included in the regimen.
Once this is done, the staff members should then come up with a plan on how to help you lose weight, as well as tell you what to expect during the process. If you go to a very good clinic, they can even give you an estimate of how much time it will take for you to lose a certain amount of weight if you stick to that particular regimen.
The fact that this type of weight loss is based on science means that not only is it safe, but it’s also likely to be very effective as well. This is why a lot of people who use a weight loss clinic when trying to lose weight often find that it’s well worth the money they pay for it.