Weight Loss Exercise Program – From Beginners To Advanced Moves
When you are looking for a weight loss exercise program, you want it something that helps improve your physical appearance, something that will make your day do day activities easier, pleasant and enjoyable. You want an exercise program that increases your total health. However, any exercise program that aims for weight reduction is neither an easy exercise nor painless program. When the programs you avail and perform do not give you pain, the effectiveness of your fitness program will not at all work for shaping, toning and weight loss as any weight loss program should be. When it fails, the program itself is not wrong, but the person who performs it.
Weight gain and obesity are among the top concerns of the world today. These are not just an aesthetic problem, but these are more viewed as a health problem which is temporary if healthy ways are already put into practice. You can see in the gym or even around the plaza, many people strive to exert effort in exercising such as doing jogging, running, etc. pail of sweats and gasping for air are evident. You see, millions of people are becoming aware of the importance of exercise, such that losing weight can be very beneficial to health and to oneself. Although there are still many who find lives comfortable doing nothing, and just lying on a couch, this article can be an eye opener for them. For those who fail many times despite the effort they made, there might be a problem on the performance and the intensity of the exercise. As such, for those who attempt to engage in an exercise program to lose weight, the exercise must be a life-long effort, a long-term approach that can help you reach your goal.
In every exercise program, you have to know what are to be expected in your program:
1) The program must give you the motivation sufficiently to effectively decrease the amount of calories you eat or increase the amount of calories you burn each day.
2) The program should be done in a slow, steady manner for weight loss. You have to realistically lose 1 pound weekly for the first few weeks.
3) If you have not been exercising all your life, start at a slow pace and as your body becomes adjusted, gradually increase the amount of time and the pace of the exercise.
4) Choose exercises that that you enjoy and that fit your overall personality; while exercising, it is important to enjoy at the same time.
5) The exercise program should be done regularly; as much as possible, make it as a daily routine to gain the most health benefits and weight loss. Choose those activities that fit into your schedule.
6) Exercise comfortably.
7) In every exercise, your safety and comfort are your priority. Meaning, you have to wear shoes and clothes that perfectly fit in you, in such a way that you can perform well without destruction.
8) There are a lot of different exercises for you to choose from, so change daily so that you will not get bored.
9) Challenge yourself. In every exercise, it is important to increase your intensity and duration. The more you do it, the greater the effect. Also, when you have reached your goals, reward yourself of a spa treat. So, never lose hop and enjoy while you exercise. Make that physical activity a part of your lifestyle. Remember, if you just believe and take part in exercising, weight loss can happen, it will.
Here are some weight loss exercise programs for you:
Before starting on the exercise, do the basic warm up to prevent body trauma.
- Stand straight and spread your legs widely. Make sure you are able to spread it with balance.
- Extend your arms as in a Y position above your head.
- Slowly squat down by pushing your hips back; hold into that position as long as you can and get back to the starting position.
- Do 15 wide squats as much as possible.
- When you get stronger, hold when you squat longer.
- Lie on the floor, face facing down.
- Put your hands close to your shoulders.
- Slowly raise your body off the ground with the help of your hands and feet as you pushed them against the floor. Your body must be kept straight while doing this.
- For beginners, you can raise your body from your knees instead of feet, reducing the work on the arms.
- Do 15 repetitions; if you can’t, make it 5 counts for 3 sets.
- Assume a standing position with your arms on your sides.
- As you jump, spread legs and raise your arms above the head, making a circular motion as it meets above.
- Returns to the standing position with your arms are back in your sides.
- Do 60 repetitions or so.
- Grab two dumbbells (the weight depends on you, just not too light or too heavy).
- Lie on the floor, facing upwards.
- Slowly, raise the dumbbells to meet above your chest. Your arms must be kept straight.
- Then, lower slowly and hold just above the ground and not on the ground.
- Repeat 15 times or as long as you can tolerate.
- Almost the same with lying fly, but the difference is to hold the dumbbells at the ear level.
Seated Tricep Extension
- Sit straight; hold 1 dumbbell above your head using your both hands.
- Make sure the weight is not too light or too heavy.
- Slowly, lower the dumbbell behind your back, still held by your 2 hands.
- Keeping the raised arms as vertical as possible.
- Get back to the starting position and repeat the steps for 15 seated tricep extensions.
One Armed Row
- Put your left knee on a chair, lean forward and support your body with your left arm on the chair. Hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Lift the weight by raising your elbow toward the ceiling. Hold. Return to the start. Do 15 reps.
Dumbbell Bicep Curl
- Either assume a standing or sitting position;
- Hold a dumbbell on each hand and bring it down toward the floor.
- Slowly, raise the right dumbbell toward your chest.
- Curl the dumbbell as you raise it so your palm faces your chest.
- Repeat step, and do it on the other side. Do 15 dumbbell bicep curls.
Walking Lunge with twist of torso
- Start in a standing position.
- Step largely forward and lower your hips.
- When you are at your full position, twist your upper body toward the side of the stretched leg. Twist back to the front and return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps and do it on the other side.
- Start in a push up position, such that your hands and shoulder width apart.
- Keep back straight as much as possible.
- Hold for 15 seconds.
Side Lunge with Arms Raised
- Assume a standing position
- Arms should be raised straight out in front of you.
- Move your right foot to your right side and slowly lower your hips.
- Return to the starting position.
Do 5 reps then repeat on the opposite leg.
The Most Effective Weight Loss Exercises
When trying to lose weight and burn excess fat the last thing you want to be doing is wasting time. This article will explain to you what weighted exercises are best for weight loss, why these exercises are so effective and how to place them in your fat loss plan.
What makes a weight loss exercise effective?
This may seem like a question which is going to lead into a complicated answer, but it really isn’t. The key to any efficient fat burning move is the amount of muscles you use per repetition and the level of intensity at which you perform it. Remember your body will also use calories to repair your body for days after you workout when using weights.
To lose weight you need to burn more calories than you consume on a daily basis, simple! Your body burns the most amounts of calories when using its muscles. So taking this into account, to lose weight in the quickest time you need to be performing exercises that moves over a series of joints and a collection of muscles, if not all of your muscles (Compound exercises). As you get competent with the movements you need to increase the weight, this will develop the muscle and thus create muscle definition / Tone.
In addition to this as a last point, remember that your legs are a powerful fat burning furnace, purely because of the size and strength of them compared to any other body part. Don’t neglect them and don’t be put off when they ache!
Below is a list of exercises set into 3 section (Beginner, intermediate, advanced).
Beginner weight loss exercises that are simple and effective
These are the body’s basic functional exercises. They teach you how to move through your natural range safely by conditioning your joints and developing the correct motor skills (The way your body moves). In addition to this, these basic exercises will set you up to progress onto the next stage and leave you with sculptured, toned muscles once the fat is eliminated. As well as using the below weighted exercises you should mix in cardio in the form of continuous training and short interval sprints.
* Once you have progressed through to the next stages (intermediate and advance) don’t forget to still include the simple exercises as they are still effective weight loss tools. Just increase the weights and intensity, by including them in supersets / tri-sets.
· Squat and press
· Static lunges
· Dead lift
· Dead lift curl
· Dead lift curl and press
· Press up
· Dumbbell swing
Intermediate weight loss exercises
Developing on from your basic level, these set of movements become more dynamic. By doing this we are placing our muscles into greater stress which will result in increased muscle definition. Furthermore it will take your fitness and endurance to the next step. To get the most out of your weight loss programme you should start adding supersets (Performing two exercises one after each other) and increase your interval sprints. This will ensure that you maintain your progress.
· Squat and row (cables)
· Alternate dumbbell swing
· Alternate lunges
· Walking lunges
· Burpee variations
· Dumbbell snatch
· Dumbbell clean and jerk
· Cross body snatch
· Weighted ski
Advanced weight loss exercises
Now you’re at the stage where your fitness and endurance should be at a high level and you can perform supersets and sprints efficiently, with a level of ease. Taking this into consideration we need to raise the bar again by including Tri-sets (performing 3 exercises continuously one after each other). This will get you lungs burning and really test your stamina. Obviously with such an intensive workout the fat will drop of you.
· Burpee Variations with equipment
· Alternate dumbbell clean and jerk
· Alternate dumbbell snatch
· Plyometric jump variations
· Pull ups
*Don’t forget you should mix and match all the exercises through the levels above to maintain a constant weight loss and making sure that your body doesn’t adapt to your training. If your body does adapt to your training it will result in a reduced fat burn, so keep on your toes and vary your routines.
How to use weights in a weight loss routine
A weight loss workout should be treated like circuit training. The biggest problem most people make is that they take too much rest or set the workout out so they perform weights first, cardio after (or other way round). A fat burning session should consist of cardio and weights mixed up. A quick example of this is shown below.
1. Treadmill: Continuous (10min)
2. Squat (4 x 10)
3. Cross trainer: Intervals (5min)
4. Dead lift (4 x 10)
5. Rowing machine: Intervals (150m sprint / 30 sec rest x 5 – 10 SETS)
6. Press ups
This simple workout jumps from compound weighted exercise to cardio just like a circuit would, but on the gym floor. It will turn your body into a fat burning furnace!
At Home Weight Loss Exercises With Sample Workout
Attempting to construct an at home weight loss work out can be daunting, but an extremely effective at home weight loss work out can be done without the necessity of unsightly and expensive equipment or wasting money on a costly gym membership.
Too frequently, it becomes easy to fall into the trap of concentrating only on exercises specific to particular body parts and to waste valuable time doing so in the process (for example: crunches and leg lifts – these exercises will not give you great results no matter how many repetitions you perform). If rapid weight loss obtained in a shorter time span is your goal, this at home weight loss work out is the answer.
If your goal is to replace fat with muscle and obtain a slim and sexy silhouette, you can easily do just that by mastering the following concepts that are an integral part of any truly effective weight loss workout.
Before You Begin, Consider The Following Facts:
– If your wish to shed weight quickly and optimize the time spent doing it, always choose a physically challenging exercise over exercises aimed at only one body part. Compare 50 leg lifts to 50 lunges and it is easy to determine which exercise will burn more calories and more efficiently expedite the fat burning process necessary for effective weight loss.
– Never waste precious time on one area of your body when you can focus on the entire body and burn more calories in a shorter period of time. This will allow you to achieve more results in less time.
– Exercises intended for specific areas are not challenging enough to promote the optimum burning of calories that leads to weight loss and require many more repetitions to be as effective as fewer repetitions of more strenuous exercises. Once again, more results in less time.
– When beginning a weight loss exercise routine, don’t sabotage a valuable exercise program by attempting too many repetitions and too few breaks which can prevent continued exercise if discouragement sets in.
– The more challenging the exercise the more effective your weight loss routine. For example, a set of push-ups will help you develop a flat stomach much better than dozens of crunches.
– To obtain the best weight loss results, never burden yourself with a cumbersome routine that is not focused on rapid continuous movements and effective over all exercises.
The Most Effective Exercises for a Weight Loss Routine:
To discourage exercise burn out, create a challenge by varying exercises within each of these five groups. Choose one exercise, or exercise variation, from each group and perform each exercise one after the other with no, or minimal, rest. There will be a sample workout provided.
1. Upper body pushes ( dips and push-up variations)
2. Upper body pull (chin ups and regular and inverted rows)
3. Lower body (lunges, step ups, split squats, jump squats and squats)
4. Abdominal exercise (reverse crunches, inch worms, or planks)
5. Total body exercise/miscellaneous (jumping jacks, burpees or squat thrusts)
– Rest a couple of minutes only after repeating an entire circuit consisting of one exercise from all five categories. Complete three to five circuits of the five chosen exercises for maximum benefit.
– Don’t negate the benefits of a weight loss workout by attempting to do too much too quickly.
– Gradually decrease break times between circuits or increase the number of repetitions for each exercise you perform.
– Gradually increase both repetitions and sets to increase the challenge.
– Once you are able to complete five sets with no more than one minute between circuits, vary the exercises within each group to continue to burn off body fat, sculpt a lean body, and decrease the potential for exercise burn out.
A Sample Weight Loss Work Out:
Beginners: Do not to attempt too much and risk injury or discouragement.
– 12 reverse lunges on each leg
– 12 inverted rows
– Plank for 30 to 45 seconds
– 10 step-ups on each leg
– 10 close grip push-ups
– 50 jumping jacks
– Perform each exercise for the prescribed reps (or time period) with no breaks between exercises and continue to each exercise with few or no breaks.
– Rest for one to two minutes after completing the circuit.
– Repeat the entire routine no fewer than three times and no more than five times.
Losing weight is simply a matter of restricting your caloric intake and burning calories through exercise. When your goal is to lose weight, the sensible workout routine should always include weight loss exercises that are optimal for burning body fat and require less time to perform. Say “good bye” to long, slow, ineffective cardio because now you can obtain incredible results in a lot less time!
Discover the Best Weight Loss Exercise Ever!
The Best Weight Loss Exercise
The exercise the experts are keeping a Secret. The easiest exercise in the world actually “Burns the Most Fat”!
There is only one weight loss exercise that’s the best fat burning exercise for everyone by far, there’s not even a close second.
However, most so-called weight-loss experts don’t teach this exercise, either because they are ignorant of the facts, or more than likely, because they can’t make any money from it.
They can’t make any money from the best weight loss workout, because you don’t need to join a gym, and you don’t need to buy any exercise equipment to do it.
People who advise that…
You have to go through all the different exercise routines on all the different exercise equipment in a gym, or buy all this weird exercise equipment, or that you need to be running for weight loss, are just giving you the runaround.
Weight Lifting As a Weight Loss Exercise
Many people who call themselves experts, make the claim that since muscles burn fat, you need to build big muscles so that you can burn more fat, and so…
You should work with weights, because that builds the biggest muscles.
That’s totally misleading, but it sells a lot of gym memberships, and lots of exercise equipment.
Many people are looking for a quick weight loss workout, and also, many fitness professionals (note that I didn’t say experts), believe that the harder you work out, the more fat you will burn, but…
That’s a Lie!
The people who make these kinds of claims, obviously haven’t a clue how the human body works as it relates to weight control, and they should probably look for some other line of work.
The Fat Burning Workout Or Sugar Burning
Yes it’s true that fat is burnt in the muscles, but so is sugar. All the really hard exercises where you sweat a lot and your muscles hurt, is burning practically nothing but sugar, and almost no fat.
Most professional teach that you have to work really hard to burn fat, and so the more motivated you are to have a fat burning workout, the harder you work, and the harder you work, the more sugar you burn, but practically no fat whatsoever.
You can go through all kinds of weight lifting routines for your weight loss workout, and even build big muscles, but they will be “sugar burning muscles”, not fat burning muscles.
If you’re a woman, you can build such big muscles this way, that you’ll begin to look like a Guy, but you’ll still be fat!
Walking for Weight-Loss
Realize that “walking for weight loss” is the absolute best weight loss exercise available. Unless you’re already very fit, walking for weight loss is a much better fat burning exercise than running for weight loss.
It’s all relative!
If you’re unfit and overweight, especially if you’re obese and a typical couch potato, then…
If you go running for weight-loss, you’ll burn almost nothing but sugar and you’ll probably be very sore the next day.
On the opposite extreme, if you’re an experienced marathon runner, then your body is a very efficient “Fat Burning Machine”, which burns almost nothing but fat during a run.
Just ordinary walking won’t do it for you, as there are 10 Secrets which we teach you in the free Slim America weight loss Project, which turns ordinary walking into a very efficient fat burning workout, but that’s not all…
Not only is walking for weight loss a fast weight loss exercise and the best fat loss workout, but it will also a rebuild your metabolism so that you burn more fat the rest of the day, even when you’re not exercising.
So you see, walking for weight loss, is really the best weight loss exercise available to you, because you really rebuild your metabolism, and that’s the key to permanent weight loss.
Have a Great Life!
7 Ultimate Weight Loss Exercises
If you want to lose weight you’ll want a set of effective weight loss exercises. Exercises that actually burn fat, are not too difficult to do and ones that can even be fun and enjoyable. If exercise is enjoyable, you’re far more likely to stick with a program.
Here are 7 ultimate weight loss exercises that, when combined with a healthy diet, will certainly help you on your way to a slimmer you. Try some of these weight loss exercises and find one that fits into your lifestyle and you enjoy.
Walking is one of the easiest weight loss exercises and is a great starting point if you’ve not done any exercise in a while. Make the effort to add a 30 minute walk into your day to burn fat steadily.
If you want to move past the walking stage, running is an excellent fat burner. All you need is a good pair of shoes and you’re ready to get started. Slowly but surely ease into a running regime to prevent damage to your joints.
Swimming is a great option for all ages as it’s a non-weight bearing exercise that’s easy on your muscles and joints. It’s one of the best over-all weight loss exercises because it mixes a cardio exercise with a strength exercise.
Dancing is a great way to burn fat and make your weight loss exercises fun. Choose a fun, upbeat dance style to burn the most fat possible.
Cycling outside on a conventional bike or inside on a stationary bike are both excellent weight loss exercises. Cycling works your legs, your core and your arms. It’s an exercise that you can do with your family as you work towards losing those excess pounds.
6. Exercise Classes
If you don’t want to exercise on your own, take a look at the exercises classes at your local gym or fitness club to see what classes are being offered. You can enjoy meeting new friends and burning fat at the same time.
7. Weight Training
Weight training is a great way to burn fat because your muscles burn calories even while you’re resting. Cardio exercise does burn calories, but only whilst you are exercising. Some women are worried that lifting weights will make them look like a bulky male body builder. But this is not the case. Male body builders develop their bulky shape due to their testosterone hormone and a very unique training regime and diet.
Quick Weight Loss Exercises: No Pain, No Gain
In order to achieve weight loss at a lightning pace, people will have to resort to radical measures when it comes to diet and exercise. People can turn to the radical diets and quick weight loss exercises available for those who want immediate results, but these measures will really demand a lot from the people involved. Losing weight is already challenging in itself, and if you add a time factor to the equation it becomes even more challenging. While most weight loss measures are relatively doable, if you want to see weight loss results fast you have to be willing to take some radical steps. You have to double your efforts and your sacrifice in order to achieve these results. As the famous adage goes, no pain will lead to no gain.
How different are quick weight loss exercises from regular exercises? The answer is that like the diet side of the equation, the differences aren’t that great. There is no special exercise that will lead to lightning results, because most exercises are the same regardless of how short or how long your weight loss time frame is. The only difference is the frequency and the performance level. When you want to lose weight quick you have to make your exercises more regular. If you used to exercise four times a week you have to make it part of your daily routine if you want to get immediate results. If you used to exercise thirty minutes a day you have to make it one or two hours a day. Increasing the frequency and level of exercise will make you lose weight quicker, because you will lose more calories in a shorter time period.
Aside from increasing frequency and level, there are certain quick weight loss exercises that are a little more effective in helping people lose weight faster than other regular exercises. An example of this is interval running, where you run for a period of time with full blast energy and take short breaks in between runs. Interval running really helps you burn fat fast because not only does it help you lose the calories, it also increases your metabolism. When you have a high metabolic rate your body is able to burn fat even while you’re at rest, so you tend to lose weight faster.
Swimming is another way to lose weight fast because in swimming you utilize all muscles in your body. Additionally, swimming helps you breathe properly so it’s a very good cardiovascular exercise. The fact that you’re submerged in water also makes it a low-impact exercise, so you won’t have to worry about hurting your knees with too much pressure. Getting involved in a competitive sport like badminton or tennis can also help you lose weight faster, because when you’re playing a sport you won’t really feel that you’re doing exercise. This is because playing sports is fun, especially if you get your family and friends involved. By simply having fun you’re already burning a lot of calories, and you don’t even notice because you’re enjoying it so much.
Weight Loss Exercises – Down and Dirty
The most natural and active form of losing weight is through weight loss exercises. There can never be any other substitute for hard work which aims at making a person healthy and fit. No amount of crash dieting, fat-burning pills, belts or surgery can give you a holistic and healthy body that exercise and healthy eating can. Weight loss exercises when combined with a proper diet helps an individual to lose weight fast and be fit at the same time.
Weight loss exercises not only help you to burn calories but also tones your muscles and helps in maintaining and boosting your metabolic rate. Don’t look at exercising as a chore, make it a part of your lifestyle and you will see how much you enjoy it and how quickly you shed those extra pounds. Think beyond the gym…
- Walking. The healthiest and the simplest form of weight loss exercises is walking. Walking at a brisk pace for at least 40 minutes can help you burn a good proportion of stored fat in the body. It is one of those few exercises which include every muscle of your body and helps in improving blood circulation. Weight loss exercises such as jogging and running can be clubbed with walking. Do combination or interval workouts.
- Aerobics. Today aerobic classes are gaining a lot of popularity and are one of the best forms of weight loss exercises. Aerobic classes are coming up with personalized routines aimed at losing weight, such as Zumba. People enjoy grooving to the music and losing weight at the same time. Each session will help you burn upwards of 800+ calories and work on all parts and problem areas of your body. This weight loss exercise enhances the efficiency of heart and lung function, improves blood circulation and lowers blood sugar and cholesterol level.
- Sprinting or weight training. This is an intense form of working out. It targets specific areas in each session and requires maximum muscle strength. Because of the strict resistance training program, strength of the body is enhanced, muscles are toned, promotes mobility and increases bone mineral density.
- Swimming. Swimming is one of the most fabulous weight loss exercises. It combines the best of both the worlds, on one hand it provides you with the benefits of a cardio workout and on the other hand paves the way for you to lose weight. If indulged on a regular basis as a form of exercise, swimming helps in building up endurance, muscle strength and cardio vascular fitness of a person. At least 25- 30 minutes of swimming each day can help you fight those extra pounds. As your strokes improve club it with water aerobics.
- Cycling. Cycling is a fantastic workout which aims not only at weight loss but over all fitness. It helps in shedding those extra calories and getting rid of flabby abs. A few miles of cycling each day assure toned muscles, boost stamina and also minimize the rate of coronary heart diseases.
Weight loss exercises should be structured in such a way that they meet the set goals and aspirations of an individual by helping them lose weight in a proper and healthy way.
What if you just can’t seem to drop the weight?
Whether it’s genetics, unhealthy eating, an injury, a deep personal issue or any other number of obstacles that stands in your way of loving yourself, let me tell you there is hope.
Weight Loss Exercises
I have an unfortunate announcement for you. It is not mandatory to do these exercises with premium or expensive equipment. If you have recently purchased a treadmill or have allocated a section of your home to a multi – gym, or if you pay an astronomical fee for a gym membership, the naked truth is you don’t really need any of those products to increase your weight loss.
In a moment, I will be showing and explaining to you 6 solid exercises, but realistically, you can practice any creditable weight loss exercises using your body weight or a pair of dumbbells.
The most essential piece of a good workout program is actually, your diet. Exercise is important but falls second to diet. Implementing a low carbohydrate intake diet, or just simply eating smaller meals more often will definitely, be the game changer when chasing weight loss.
Exercises that help you lose weight increase the rate at which you burn fat, but even the best program or method cannot defeat an unhealthy diet. Right below are some of the best fat incinerating exercises you need to incorporate into your workout. None of them include the standard sluggish cardio.
If you implement these exercises in conjunction you will melt of the pounds and a reasonable amount of time.
Weight Loss Exercise Number One – Squats
It is no secret that if you practice split squats, bar squats, body weight squats or any form of squat or motion that employs the use of the leg muscles that you can burn off the calories fast.
Make sure to keep your hips back and centralize your focus around making your legs do all of the work.
Weight Loss Exercise Number Two – Pushing Motion Exercises
To define the upper muscles in your body such as shoulders, triceps and chest you’ll need to utilize a pushing exercise, such as a chest/bench press, push ups, or above-the-shoulder press. This can be accomplished using your body weight, resistance based fiber bands, or just plain dumbbells.
Weight Loss Exercise Three – Pulling Motion Exercises
You can employ pull ups into your workout to address your lateral’s, biceps and sometimes shoulders. You will find that this works well due to the back having a large amount of muscle mass, i.e. a great place to start shaving off calories during a workout. Dumbbells are efficient for basic pulling as well but gravity and your body weight is also sufficient.
Weight Loss Exercise Number Four – Leg focused rhythms
Expediting leg based exercises can be utilized for fine tuning or toning your specific muscles in the leg like the calf, quads, and sometimes hamstrings. Stairs, jump rope, step ups, squats, dead lunges, seat press, all are eligible to dominate and achieve more leg integrity.
Weight Loss Exercise Number Five – Abs, Abs, Abs
Try using a medicine ball and sit half upright while moving the ball from a left to right motion consistently. Regular planks, side planks, mixing up a variety of different crunch techniques will be the most beneficial. Dancing is great for abs and legs in general, as well as cardio.
Weight Loss Exercise Six – Interval Based Training
Try implementing some cardio, go for a run, do some jumping jacks, get out and move around a little bit. Swing your arms, carry some wood, play some basketball.
To summarize you don’t have to be at the mercy of the gym. There are plenty of great weight loss exercises and routines you can do outside of the gym for free. You can even do them in between accomplishing other tasks. Having a healthy diet is key and exercise is sequential to that.